Nursing Ceu Courses - Our 5 Most Popular
We pride ourselves in making nursing ceu courses that are informative and interesting. Although we have over 250 courses available, there are some that have become really, really popular. Here is our list of most popular nurse ceu courses.
Prevention of Medical Errors
: 4.6 out of 5.0 stars
This course was developed by Dana Bartlett, a professional nurse and author.
Here is summary of this nursing ceu course:
"The identification and prevention of medical errors requires the participation of all members of the health team, including patients. The traditional way of coping with medical errors was to assume errors were the result of individual mistakes such as carelessness and inattention, creating a culture of blame. However, it has become clear this approach is not optimal. It does not address the root causes of medical errors, system problems, it discourages disclosure of errors, and without disclosure errors cannot be prevented. Enhancing health team knowledge and the environment of care will help to reduce the risk of a medical error."
: 4.7 out of 5.0 stars
Although law enforcement worldwide combats human trafficking, health agencies are more and more needing to be prepared to deal with the demoralizing and crippling effects of human trafficking on individuals, whole families, and communities. This course both give a good overview of human trafficking but also how recognize and report it.
To sections of this human tracking course include:
- Human Trafficking Defined
- Social Trends and Causes of Human Trafficking
- Victims of Human Trafficking
- Consequences of Human Trafficking
- Methods of Human Trafficking
- Recognizing Human Trafficking Individuals
- Reporting Human Trafficking
Course also written by Dana Bartlett.
: 4.6 out 5.0 stars
The purpose of this course is to educate nurses on epidemiology, etiology, clinical presentation, diagnosis and treatment options for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Etiology and Pathophysiology
- Environmental Contaminants
- Lifestyle and Medical Conditions
- Clinical Features of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Cognitive Impairments
- Early Onset Alzheimer’s Disease
- Diagnosis and Treatment
- Case Study
Domestic Violence: Intimate Partner Violence, Elder Abuse and Child Abuse
: 4.7 out of 5.0 stars
Unfortunately domestic violence is a common and serious problem in society today. This course focuses on identifying the causes and screening tools to address abuse.
- Intimate Partner Violence: Detection and Screening
- Injuries and Behaviors
- Elders Abuse Screening
- Screening for Child Abuse
- Causes of Intimate Partner Violence, Elder Abuse and Child Abuse
- Intimate Partner Violence: Help and Solutions
- Intervention Programs for Batterers
Recognizing Impairment In The Workplace
: 4.7 / 5.0
This course focuses on understanding, identifying, and reporting of impairment in the workplace.
- Overview Of Drug Diversion In Healthcare
- Identifying Signs Of Impairment In The Workplace
- Employer Initiatives To Promote Safety And Assist
- Essential Steps To Make A Report Or Referral
- American Nurse Association Position Statements
- Mandatory Reporting Law
- Florida Nurse Practice Act (464.018)
- Denial of License
- Disciplinary Procedure
- Notify Intervention Project for Nurses
- Notify Florida Department of Health
- Treatment Programs for Impaired Practitioners
- Assistance Programs
- Impaired Practitioner Programs
Course author: Dr. Jassin M. Jouria
As a nursing professional learning never ends. We are very proud of the nursing ceu courses we put together. We hope you find them both informative and interesting.