How many ceus do
14 hours every year
Where can I get ceus for
See notes below
How do I renew my Nurse License in
Registered/Practical Nurse Requirements
• Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma and Domestic Violence are one time only CE.
• If the nurse graduated from a Kentucky Program of Nursing, they have met the requirement as programs of nursing have incorporated the statutory requirements into their curriculum.
• The only nurses who will be required to take these courses are nurses who are seeking a Kentucky license by endorsement.
• As long as an APRN maintains their certification, they meet the yearly 14 hour CE requirement.
• In addition to the 14 hour CE requirement, All APRNs are required to complete 5 pharmacology CEs; 1.5CEs of those required 5 CEs must be about pain management, substance use disorder, or KASPER
• APRNs with a DEA-X Registration (Drug Enforcement Agency Registration Waiver) permitting the prescription of Buprenorphine and Buprenorphine/Naloxone to patients suffering from withdrawal symptoms must complete a total of 4 contact hours in addiction disorders, including at least 1.5 CE contact hours in addiction disorder pharmacology, every earning period.
All APRNs are required to complete at least 5 contact hours in pharmacology every earning period. APRNs Advanced Practice Registered Nurses with a CAPA-CS [Collaborative Agreement for the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse'sPrescriptive Authority for Controlled Substances (CAPA-CS)] are required to complete at least 1.5 of contact hours in KASPER, pain management, or addiction disorders, every earning period.