The purpose of this nursing continuing education course is to provide an overview of serotonin syndrome. Nurses must be aware of the serotonin syndrome because drugs that can cause the serotonin syndrome are in common use, intentional overdoses with drugs that can cause the serotonin syndrome are being seen with increasing frequency, and serotonin syndrome can be difficult to detect and easily mistaken for other pathologies.
- SEROTONERGIC SYSTEM
- SEROTONIN SYNDROME - EPIDEMIOLOGY
- SEROTONIN SYNDROME - HOW IT HAPPENS AND THE
- DRUGS THAT CAUSE SEROTONIN SYNDROME
- DIAGNOSING SEROTONIN SYNDROME
- CLINICAL CONDITIONS RESEMBLING SEROTONIN SYNDROME
- SEROTONIN DISCONTINUATION SYNDROME