Substance Abuse Disorders
Nurses need to understand varying patterns of substance use and the harm caused by each. As members of the health care team, nurses can assist individuals needing help begin recovery and, hopefully, succeed. This course is designed to provide nurses and health associates with knowledge about substance abuse and the recommended steps to support patient recovery.
- What Is Substance Abuse?
- Drugs And Substances That Are Abused
- The Causes Of Substance Abuse
- Substance abuse: the process
- Treatment Approaches And Withdrawal
- Withdrawal defined
- Alcohol withdrawal
- Opioid withdrawal
- Benzodiazepine withdrawal
- Amphetamine/stimulant withdrawal
- Cocaine withdrawal
- Treatment For Substance Abuse
- Intravenous hydration/nutritional support
- Psychological treatment
- Nursing Care Of The Chemically Dependent Patient
NurseCe4Less is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. (ANCC
The author, planning committee, and reviewers have no financial or other conflicts of interest related to this course. There is no sponsorship or commercial support used for this course.
There is no "off label" usage of drugs or products discussed in this course.
Often both generic and trade names are used in NurseCe4Less.com courses. Trade names may be referred to in a course to promote familiarity and does not suggest endorsement of any individual product over another.