Women and Mental Health
Studies are underway to better understand how gender and other influencing factors impact mental health in the general population. Nursing researchers and clinicians need to understand how trauma, abuse and other factors affect mental health in women. The purpose of this course is to provide nurses and health team associates knowledge about women and mental health issues, common disorders and treatments.
- Gender-Specific Risk Factors
- Domestic Violence
- Socioeconomic Disadvantage
- Income Inequality
- Subordinate Status
- Responsibility for Others
- Depressive Disorders
- Signs and Symptoms
- Anxiety Disorders
- Types of Anxiety Disorders
- Somatic Disorders
- Menstruation/Menopause and Mental Health
- Premenstrual Mood Changes
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Causes Of Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Mental Illness During Pregnancy
- Common Psychiatric Disorders in Pregnancy
- Medication During the Pregnancy and Postpartum Period
- Mental Illness During the Postpartum Period
- Treatment for Postpartum Illness
- Pharmacologic Treatments and Breastfeeding
- Treatment Options
- Concerns with Pregnant and Nursing Mothers
- Non-Pharmacologic Treatment
NurseCe4Less is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. (ANCC
The author, planning committee, and reviewers have no financial or other conflicts of interest related to this course. There is no sponsorship or commercial support used for this course.
There is no "off label" usage of drugs or products discussed in this course.
Often both generic and trade names are used in NurseCe4Less.com courses. Trade names may be referred to in a course to promote familiarity and does not suggest endorsement of any individual product over another.