Preventable Adverse Events
This course will discuss the definitions of patient safety in detail and the classification of various types of medication and diagnostic errors, which are both preventable and not. There will be an emphasis on the different recommendations and methods on how to improve the major problems in healthcare.
- Patient Safety Definitions
- Types of Error Causing Adverse Events
- Programs to Prevent Medical Errors
- Discontinuities in Care
- Major and Common Hospital Adverse Event Studies
- Institute of Medicine and AHRQ Reports on Patient Safety
- Common Types of Post-Discharge Adverse Events
- Diagnostic Errors/Misdiagnoses
- Clinical Scenarios
- Inpatient/Post-Discharge Adverse Events and Medical Errors
- Recommendations for Improvement
- Improved Screening Methods to Identify Patients with Adverse Events
NurseCe4Less is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. (ANCC
The author, planning committee, and reviewers have no financial or other conflicts of interest related to this course. There is no sponsorship or commercial support used for this course.
There is no "off label" usage of drugs or products discussed in this course.
Often both generic and trade names are used in NurseCe4Less.com courses. Trade names may be referred to in a course to promote familiarity and does not suggest endorsement of any individual product over another.