This continuing education course for nurses on Bariatric Surgery first looks at the problem of obesity and then covers bariatric surgery.
Topics covered include: the two major techniques of bariatric surgery, the complications of bariatric surgery and postoperative period.
- The participant will identify three health problems associated with obesity.
- The participant will identify the specific body mass index that defines obesity.
- The participant will identify the two basic techniques of bariatric surgery.
- The participant will Identify three complications of bariatric surgery.
- The participant will identify one nutritional complication of bariatric surgery.
- The participant will identify the most important major nutrient needed after bariatric surgery.
- The participant will identify two micronutrients that can be affected by bariatric surgery.
- The participant will identify two eating behaviors the bariatric surgical patient must develop.
- Obesity: Definition
- Diagnosis, Pathogenesis, and Complications
- Bariatric Surgery: The Basics Complications of Bariatric Surgery
- After the Surgery
- Psychological Issues
- Nutritional Issues
- Plastic Surgery After Bariatric Surgery
NurseCe4Less is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. (ANCC
The author, planning committee, and reviewers have no financial or other conflicts of interest related to this course. There is no sponsorship or commercial support used for this course.
There is no "off label" usage of drugs or products discussed in this course.
Often both generic and trade names are used in NurseCe4Less.com courses. Trade names may be referred to in a course to promote familiarity and does not suggest endorsement of any individual product over another.