Domestic Violence: Intimate Partner Violence, Elder Abuse and Child Abuse
Nurses as members of the health team need to understand the causes and appropriate screening tools to identify and intervene to support victims of domestic violence. This includes increasing their knowledge to support victims to identify a safety plan and the abuser to reform. The purpose of this course is to provide nurses and health associates knowledge about the causes, screening tools and interventions for domestic violence in intimate partner relationships, children and the elderly.
- Intimate Partner Violence: Detection And Screening
- Why intimate partner violence is not reported
- Screening for intimate partner violence
- Hurt, insult, threaten and scream (HITS)
- Ongoing violence assessment tool (OVAT)
- Slapped, threaten and throw (STaT)
- Hurt, afraid, rape, kick (HARK)
- Woman abuse screening tool (WAST)
- Which screening tool is the right one?
- Men and intimate partner violence
- Injuries And Behaviors Associated With Intimate Partner Violence And Health Consequences
- Elder Abuse Screening
- ef abuse screen for the elderly (BASE)
- Caregiver abuse screen (CASE)
- Indicators of abuse screen (IOA)
- Elder abuse suspicion index (EASI)
- Screening For Child Abuse
- Causes Of Intimate Partner Violence, Elder Abuse And Child Abuse
- Intimate Partner Violence: Help And Solutions
- Intervention Programs For Batterers
NurseCe4Less is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. (ANCC
The author, planning committee, and reviewers have no financial or other conflicts of interest related to this course. There is no sponsorship or commercial support used for this course.
There is no "off label" usage of drugs or products discussed in this course.
Often both generic and trade names are used in NurseCe4Less.com courses. Trade names may be referred to in a course to promote familiarity and does not suggest endorsement of any individual product over another.